Burton on Trent Burton on Trent Burton Road, Branston DE14 3EG 52.787707 -1.658664
UK Branston - 12312
It is an exciting time to join us…Wincanton is a leading Third Party Logistics (3PL) firm, providing supply chain consultancy and solutions to some of the world’s most admired brands in the UK and Ireland.
As the largest British logistics company we work in diverse Industry Sectors such as Retail, Consumer Goods, Energy, Defence, Construction and Milk adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistic challenges. We put our Customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our Customers business’s better every day”.
We employ approximately 17,500 people across more than 200 sites and have a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles.
Our people are at the core of business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progression, as well as training, enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
With continued success and business growth Wincanton has an opportunity for a Warehouse Administrator to join the team at Branston.
A friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills, a competitive salary and great benefits are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work.
· Assist in the provision of an effective and efficient operation administration function.
· Assist in receipt, preparation and despatch of all Transhipment stock within strict timelines ensuring full traceability.
· Escalate issues that are likely to affect the performance of the department, the site or relationship with the customer to the warehouse management team.
· Ensure department operates in line with all company and customer procedures and requirements relating to Health and Safety.
· Running reports as requested including crew level management and headcount reporting, daily deployment sheets compilation and issue and job card keying.
· Compilation of daily briefing pack and issuing of previous days performance reports.
· Administration of order paperwork and processes including, but not limited to, pick instructions, audit records and performance data.
· To deal with any ongoing/outgoing telephone calls politely and confidently using own initiative to solve any situations that may arise.
· Assist with the taking of notes in investigations and disciplinarys to required standard and ensure that confidentiality is assured regarding any information discussed in the meetings.
PC Literate, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel with experience of Red Prairie warehouse management systems an advantage.
· Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
· The ability and desire to work consistently as part of a team working on a shift system.
· Good numerical and analytical skills paying strong attention to detail.
· Able to work on own initiative as well as in a team.
· Flexible and able to respond positively and reliably to internal and external customer requirements.
· Hands on approach and to be able to accept change where necessary.
· Driven by continual improvement and high personal standards.
· To be responsible for the health and safety of themselves and other colleagues by adhering to safe working practices
UK Branston - 12312