Team Leader Haydock
Haydock Haydock WILCOCK ROAD WA11 9UR 52.4684321 -1.9026238
Haydock - Alstom
Wincanton and Alstom are entering into an exciting phase of their partnership with a new site opening at Haydock to support the refurbishment of trains in the 390 fleet.
This programme will run from early 2021 to the end of 2023 with the prospect of further work for the site beyond that
We are currently looking to recruit a number of roles to start in early February. For the initial 8 week training period all roles will be based at Wincanton’s Alstom site in Blackburn, but will move to Haydock in March.
Team Leader - Dayshift
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team at one of Wincanton’s sites in Haydock. .
This role is for a hands-on Team Leader to provide operational support and day to day guidance to a small team of Multi Task Operatives
Reporting to the Operations Manager the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate flexibility and capability in the following:
- Maintain high standards of health and safety
- Motivated to work autonomously as part of a small team
- Attend daily board reviews as required
- Provide guidance and direction to the team
- Ensure that Wincanton and customer processes are followed precisely
- Liaise on a daily basis with the manager who is based on a different site
- Unloading and loading daily deliveries
- Carrying out SAP transactions including receipts and transfers
- Preparing items for despatch, re-packing as required
- Marshalling materials / kits and preparing production materials in line with the production plan, supporting unplanned production demand as required
- Carrying out laneside line of route / material replenishment as required
- Preparing service orders with item / kit and delivering to production cells, collecting after completion in adherence with agreed schedule
- Completing cycle count activities
- Maintaining quarantine logs and escalating for resolution as appropriate
- Carrying out pre-checks and inspections according to Health and Safety requirements
- Removing waste / material packaging to designated areas
- General housekeeping and hygiene duties to maintain high standards in work areas
Experience and Qualifications
- Full Driving Licence
- Excellent IT skills preferably SAP
- Able to provide and understand the need for a high standard of customer service
- A proactive, flexible and "can do" attitude to resolve issues and challenges
- The individual needs to be able to demonstrate attention to detail and an accurate and precise way of working to ensure all documentation and data is correct.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team but also independently and to show initiative
- Willingness to travel and work out of a nearby site, if required, to support training and knowledge transfer
- Counterbalance Fork Lift and Reach Truck licenses would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the rail sector would be beneficial
- Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage, although full training will be given
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Haydock - Alstom