Multi Task Operative
Haydock Haydock WILCOCK ROAD WA11 9UR 52.4684321 -1.9026238
Haydock - Alstom
Wincanton and Alstom are entering into an exciting phase of their partnership with a new site opening at Haydock to support the refurbishment of trains in the 390 fleet.
This programme will run from early 2021 to the end of 2023 with the prospect of further work for the site beyond that
We are currently looking to recruit a number of roles to start in early February. For the initial 8 week training period all roles will be based at Wincanton’s Alstom site in Blackburn, but will move to Haydock in March.
Monday to Friday but may be any 5 from 7
Reporting to the Team Leader, the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the flexibility and capability to perform a range of duties including:
- Carrying out IT transactions including receipts and transfers
- Preparing items for despatch, re-packing as required
- Ensuring all work meets with customers’ specifications and the production plan and agreed schedules
- Completing cycle count activities
- Maintaining quarantine logs and escalating for resolution as appropriate
- Ensuring all paperwork procedures are observed and adhered to
- Carrying out pre-checks and inspections according to Health and Safety requirements
- Removing waste / material packaging to designated areas
- Attending daily/weekly reviews as required
- General housekeeping and hygiene duties to maintain high standards in work areas
- Carry out any additional tasks as agreed with your Team Leader.
Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent IT skills preferably SAP
- Able to provide and understand the need for a high standard of customer service
- A proactive, flexible and "can do" attitude to resolve issues and challenges
- The individual needs to be able to demonstrate attention to detail and an accurate and precise way of working to ensure all documentation and data is correct.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team but also independently and to show initiative
- The ideal candidates will possess a positive attitude with a keen and enthusiastic approach.
- Willingness to travel and work at other sites, if required, to support training and knowledge transfer
- Security vetting successfully completed
- Counterbalance Fork Lift and Reach Truck licenses would be an advantage
- Full UK driving licence
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions, high street discounts, discounted mobile phone contracts and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Haydock - Alstom