Burton on Trent Burton on Trent Burton Road, Branston DE14 3EG 52.787707 -1.658664
UK Branston - 12312
We have a fantastic opportunity with the Home Delivery planning team at our B&Q Branston site.
In this customer focussed role, you will be responsible for the daily formulation of the transport plan for one of three home delivery networks, effectively scheduling dedicated fleet around the Home delivery networks.
This role will evolve and an element of shift work will be required over time as the business grows so it’s a great opportunity for someone who is looking to progress their career to the next level.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Planning own fleet and dedicated sub-contractor fleet around the Home Delivery & Store Delivery Network
- Ensuring all contract KPI’s and reports are met and produced
- Ensuring all work allocated to correct vehicles each day in a timely manner.
- Building economical loads for the network from both a trunking perspective and for onward delivery
- Making changes to the delivery postcode matrix where necessary
- Processing and analysing telematics data
What will you bring?
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- Route planning experience is essential with experience of Paragon Planning tool ideally within a home delivery environment, good postcode awareness is essential.
- Advanced experience in using Microsoft Excel to analyse data from a variety of resources (essential)
- An understanding of logistics and transport networks is essential
- Excellent attention to detail and good geographical knowledge
- Key to this role are good communication and an ability to react quickly to what is a fast changing environment.
- To be able to effectively communicate with a Network of CDC’s, Store colleagues and internal departments
- Able to work under pressure whilst maintaining a professional attitude
- Must have a flexible approach and be willing to carry out varied tasks positively, reliably and accurately
- An excellent team player and able to work on own initiative
- International and National CPC preferable but not essential
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK Branston - 12312