Transport Administrator Apprenticeship
Greenford Greenford Rockware Avenue UB6 0AA 51.5424389999 -0.3428219
UK Greenford Waitrose - 11828
£22360 + company benefits
An exciting opportunity for a Transport Administrator role is being created in our New Customer Fulfilment Centre for Waitrose in Greenford. You will assist with the day to day running of a fleet of 150+ vans, ensuring that they are legally compliant and roadworthy. The successful candidate will need a strong administration background in a transport orientated environment.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
This new partnership with Waitrose is a key strategic priority for Wincanton and allows us to bring together our substantial capabilities in Food Logistics, Home Delivery, Customer Experience and Online Fulfilment. It's an industry first as Wincanton will be the only third-party logistics provider in the UK to operate an online Grocery Customer Fulfilment Centre.
How will you contribute?
- Data reporting using Excel
- Generating data to support legal compliance
- Updating driver records
- Supporting vehicle maintenance records
- Booking driver training courses.
- Logging accident reports on a dedicated Fleet System.
- Arranging vehicle deliveries and collections.
- Arranging vehicle servicing
- Assisting with preparing vehicles.
- Answering queries by phone and email.
- Raising invoices for vehicle damage.
- Other administrative duties as and when required
You will be working 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7. Rotating shifts between 6.00 am and midnight.
What will you bring?
- Administration experience.
- Good IT skills particularly in Excel.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Excellent phone manner and customer service skills.
- Good commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills with experience of customer relationship management.
- Experience of working in a transport environment.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
This is an entry-level apprenticeship which provides the foundation knowledge skills & experience for the role of Supply Chain Operator within occupational areas in the Supply Chain industry.
Supply Chain Operators are primarily responsible for managing the movement of goods for a variety of customers across all sectors, and as such their customer base will range from large global organisations to sole traders and private customers in local areas, depending on their organisation. They may be required to work in shifts, for example overnight or working on weekends, and some (depending on the nature of their organisation) may be required to work internationally in Europe or at worldwide destinations.
- Traffic Office – managing the movement of goods for a variety of customers – either own account or third party from manufacturer or supplier to final destination or for onward delivery
- Removals Operatives - the preparation for and performance of packing / unpacking and moving household, office and other furniture, goods and equipment into or out of new premises or storage or preparation for transit, both domestically and internationally. Removals Operatives often prepare and travel with the removal truck and long-distance moves may involve nights away from home. Moving furniture involves a lot of walking, bending and lifting and is hard, physical work.
Supply Chain Operators communicate and come into contact with a wide range of people and customers, and have a passion to meet customers’ expectations by providing a quality service that encourages repeat business, showing drive and energy even when challenges arise. Individuals in this role are highly competent in using industry-recognised systems and associated services within their industry sector, and are able to work under pressure to tight deadlines, with excellent time management skills. They are proactive and meet agreed commitments and expectations, taking responsibility for their own actions and doing the right thing.
UK Greenford Waitrose - 11828
£22360 + company benefits