Account Manager DHSC
Doncaster Doncaster Rockingham Way, Redhouse Interchange, Adwick Le Street DN6 7FB 53.633134 -0.252186
UK Doncaster Asda - 10116
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity to appoint an energetic and driven Account Manager working within our Digital and E-Fulfilment Team.
Following a recent contract win with the Department of Health & Social Care, we are seeking an Account Manager to lead the Warehousing, Distribution and Customer Liaison elements of this fast paced National distribution operation.
How will you contribute?
- Managing the onsite operational teams and working with Wincanton’s broader Transport Teams to ensure that we consistently exceed our customer’s expectations in terms of service, CI, commercial and service KPIs and operational standards.
- Proactive in seeking out initiatives that ensure the contract supports the customer’s business plan and supply chain strategy as well as Wincanton’s, home fulfilment strategy.
- Operating in a “Closed book” environment where decisions and performance are under scrutiny at regular formal customer reviews.
- Involvement and management of customer reviews, acting as the face of Wincanton.
- Problem solving and adding value to our client, whilst demonstrating Wincanton’s operational and intellectual capability to support business growth in this burgeoning sector.
- Experience of managing warehousing and transport operations.
- Will have excellent team building, leadership and motivational skills
- Must be customer focused with well-developed negotiating and influencing skills, and is comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Must be able to demonstrate the commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility to be able to respond to short notice customer demands with tenacity and a collaborative approach
- You must have the interpersonal skills to be able to establish effective communication channels ensuring the D&E-Fulfillment leadership team are well informed regarding both our customer and Wincanton
- You must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide the necessary commercial and financial awareness and be able to support the operation to perform effectively in a ”Closed book” environment.
- You must have the energy, determination and commitment to operate in an environment where regular customer contact and scrutiny is the norm and the highest level of customer service is non-negotiable.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit your CV below.
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you
UK Doncaster Asda - 10116