Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
The role of the Integration Specialist is to design and implement the integration of internal and external (customer) systems as necessary. This includes product selection, solution blueprints, gathering requirements, designing, implementing and supporting both the solution and providing assistance to the Competency Centres and wider business community.
- Business awareness: Understand key interface types between Wincanton systems and our customers including their importance and their effect on business processes.
- Experience of System Integration technologies and architectures as appropriate such as:
- Communication protocols (FTP, SFTP, HTTP, AS2, VAN, MQ etc.)
- File structures (EDIFACT, Tradacoms, XML, Flat File, etc)
- Data mapping and process definition
- Data integration tools and techniques such as ETL (Extract Transform Load)
- Relevant related areas such as data quality, master data management, metadata management
- Defining data models, standards and repeatable services
- Version control and library management
- Authentication, directory services, security
- Process monitoring, notification and alerting/event management
- Analysis of user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified integration solutions.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot integration solutions, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Promote awareness across all Wincanton functions of appropriate use of System integration
- Support New product validation, selection and on-boarding
- Standards, policies and governance:
- Contribute to the development of Competency Centre procedure definition, publication and maintenance
- Support the engagement with Enterprise Architecture to jointly define standards, policies and governance
- Ensure full legal compliance of Competency Centre components
- Ensure strict adherence to Wincanton standards, policies and procedures e.g. security, data retention
Experience and Qualifications
- Experienced in Developing and supporting System Integration solutions
- Commercial awareness and business acumen and a track record of matching BI with client needs
- Experience in supporting the set-up and review of procedures and policies, governance and compliance
- Experienced integration specialist
- Some experience of working in technically complex and politically challenging environments
- Degree Standard Education or equivalent
- Personal credibility and the ability to inspire confidence
- Flexibility, analytical skills and enthusiasm
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Your place in our world
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189