Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
The primary role of the Business Analyst is to ensure that business processes and supporting systems continue to meet business project stakeholder needs. This position is a key liaison between the customer and internal IT staff that implements IT based solutions and the line-of-business staff that performs the process work (manually or in conjunction with automated systems). Business analysts must be able to straddle the IT and business domains and communicate (or broker communications) between each side
Business analysts must be able to straddle the IT and business domains and communicate (or broker communications) between each side.
Analysing the organisation's efficiency by studying its needs, its business model, its workflows, and its technological systems. Driving input into the Sales Process and subsequent delivery Project Manager in technical development projects that will improve business efficiency.
- You will gather and document information from a range of sources, highlighting issues such as insufficient or ambiguous information and seek to resolve them.
- Manage requirements matrix / definition with tools such as SIPOC / Process Flows / Storyboarding /User Stories
- You will be expected to analyse business problems thoroughly using structured methods, identifying opportunities for change and improvement and their potential implications.
- You will seek/obtain specialist advice on aspects of the design and relevant area architecture alignment from the wider IT Architecture Team.
- Communicate and negotiate with all relevant stakeholders (customer / business and IT) to ensure a balance of usability and fit with architectural principles and strategic alignment.
- Assist in the value proposition of Business Case creation
- Creation of stakeholder maps
- Supporting Pre-Sales activities during and analysis/requirements engineering phases
- Support project teams during low-level analysis phases and delivery planning
- Drive to deliver a successful handover of solution documentation to implementation teams
- Working with IT Sales and Development team on estimating cost and time requirements of projects
- Documenting solution risk and blockers to ROI
- Creation of SWOT/PESTLE/MOST type Analysis
- Creation of Stakeholder analysis matrix
- Defining Data Models / GAP and Cost Benefit Analysis
Experience and Qualifications
- Significant experience in Business Analyst Role
- Stakeholder engagement
- Data Models
- Project Engagement
- Use Cases / Storyboards
- Relevant Industry knowledge
- Prince 2
- Business Intelligence & Reporting
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Your place in our world
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189