IT Resource Manager
Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
The IT Resource Manager is responsible for maintaining the resource plan for the IT, department ensuring that internal and external resources are used effectively on time and to budget. They will be accountable for understanding current and future demand, arbitrating recruitment, and making resourcing and prioritisation recommendations to senior IT stakeholders.
The role is also responsible for value and performance analysis of initiatives and projects, highlighting risk, identifying remedial actions and reporting on performance and value realisation post-implementation.
- Custodian of the resource plan for IT and for the demand management process.
- Detailed understanding of demand and capacity planning across all delivery teams within the department.
- Ensures constant coordination and communication with all department resource managers and potential requirement originator groups.
- Ensures project resource requirements are communicated and agreed between all stakeholder groups - requirement requestor(s) and resource managers e.g. Application Services, Technical Services, etc.
- Creates and maintains and central document / knowledge library, e.g. on SharePoint, for the department to ensure key information is made available.
- Collates the Departmental Project Dashboard data and provides required reporting.
- Continually monitor and provide point-in-time reporting & visibility of resources to meet demand commitments.
- Provide reporting on forward trends for resourcing based on known and anticipated pipeline demand.
- Supports project managers in ongoing resource management efforts, step in to suggest reallocation of resources, adjusting of goals or requirements, or to assign new people to the team.
- Arbitrates all permanent and contract recruitment within the IT department to ensure it meets compliance requirements.
- Ensure activities are correctly prioritised based on value/benefit.
- Consider value and performance to continually identify any in-flight activities that should be stopped/rescoped based on performance and benefits realisation analysis.
- Work with the project managers to collate and analyse post-project benefits realisation.
Experience and Qualifications
- Significant experience in a relevant resource, PM or PMO role
- Experience in logistics and of supply chain technologies beneficial
- Proven experience implementing effective resource management control processes
- Understanding and application of Project Methodologies such as PRINCE2
- Good knowledge of tools such as SharePoint or similar, including workflows
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Some experience of working in technically complex and politically challenging environments
- Knowledge of ITIL processes, procedures and tools
- Proficiency in working in a fast-paced and complex business environment
- Strong sense of integrity and values required to maintain standards and policy adherence
- Ability to understand and align with strategic business objectives and projects
- Able to articulate to all stakeholders the potential business impact of process circumvention
- Experience in documenting and revising processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate, influence and persuade peers
- Proven ability to work well with others
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including conflict resolutionExcellent overall organisation and co-ordination
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Your place in our world
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189