Class 2 Home Delivery Driver
Totton Totton High Street SO40 9HN 50.9165676999 -1.4834779
£30,700.80 per annum
Wincanton are recruiting LGV Class 2 Lorry Home Delivery Driver for WICKES in Southampton.
Working as a two-person crew we are looking for people who have the passion to deliver excellent Customer Service.
- £30,700.80 per annum
- Overtime for hours worked over 48 hours
- Average between 10 - 11 drops a day
- Tuesday - Saturday
- Start times: 05:00 – 07:00
- No assembling required
- Sack barrow or pump truck provided for offloading
- Permanent 48 hour a week contract
- Essential DCPC training
- Paid holiday entitlement
- Extensive and comprehensive induction programme
- Access to company pension scheme
- £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
This role is key to the success of our business and you will represent our business to the customer on a daily basis. You will be responsible for delivering exceptional levels of customer service and ensure the customer receives their deliveries in excellent condition, on time - every time.
Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required
- Ensure first class customer service is experienced at all times
- Provide a professional driving and delivery service to meet and exceed expectations of our customers
- Ensure all documentation is completed accurately at the end of each journey
- Adhere to specified time restrictions given under current legislation
- Ensure all vehicles checks are performed at the start and at the end of each journey, reporting all defects as per the current procedure
- Drive and operate in a safe, responsible and courteous manner always, and in accordance with company policy & procedures, legislation and traffic regulations
- Carry out vehicle checks and ensure that defects are reported immediately and complete all paperwork in line with procedures
- Keep truck clean at all times
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid HGV LGV Class 2 licence
- Must hold a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC Card)
- Must hold a Digital Tachograph card
- Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
- 1 year minimum driving experience preferred, 6 months essential
- Home delivery experience preferred
- Customer service experience is essential to the role
- Have a positive, flexible attitude to work
- Good timekeeper, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Multi drop experience is desirable
- Be flexible in relation to shifts and duties
- DBS check will be required
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment
£30,700.80 per annum