National Health and Safety Training Manager
Lutterworth Lutterworth LE17 6AB 52.4211299 -1.215598
We are recruiting a National HSEQ Training Manager to be responsible for the management of the Wincanton HSEQ training programmes, writing and delivering health and safety training across the business and ensuring programmes are continuously reviewed and updated in line with legislation and industry best practice.
There will be travel required for this position, therefore, base location is flexible.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- To deliver training to meet course objectives using a range of teaching methods
- Specifically to deliver the Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- To liaise with Divisional HSEQ Managers / HSEQ Senior Management Team to ensure training offering supports business needs and feed back any concerns following discussions in training courses
- To write and develop, high quality training courses as required in line with current company standards and objectives using a range of teaching methods
- To write and develop bespoke high quality training courses for specific customers as required
- Regularly review and maintain course training materials to ensure they are always up to date with relevant material and legally compliant
- Evaluate success and impact of training given
- Work with the HSEQ team and wider business to identify opportunities to increase the training offering
- Keeping up to date in developments in training by reading relevant journals and publications
- To produce timely and accurate reports for training analysis
- Extensive UK travel
What will you bring?
- Formal training qualification i.e. CTLLS, BTEC Award in Education and Training (L4) or above
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (L6 or above)
- Experience of delivering Level 6 Occupational Health and Safety courses / NVQ’s
- Additional experience in delivering a wide range of HSEQ courses
- Good understanding of Health and Safety practices
- Dynamic and creative
- Confident and proficient at writing and delivering presentations
- Strong communication skills and verbally articulate
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Consistent, polite, approachable and helpful
- Advanced user of PowerPoint
- Open to new ideas and keen to explore new methods of training and delivery
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- Experience of delivering NEBOSH Certificate
- Experience of developing E-Learning courses
- NEBOSH National Fire Certificate
- NEBOSH Health & Well-being Certificate
- IEMA - Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management Course or NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate
- PIEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
**We are open to having conversations about flexible working
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!