Greenford Greenford Rockware Avenue UB6 0AA 51.5422471 -0.3438068
UK Greenford Multi User 1 - 10366
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager to join the business within our Waitrose Bonded contract.
Reporting to the Contract General Manager, the Operations Manager will be responsible for all aspects of running a busy, complex operation and managing the day to day relationships with the customer and other stakeholders in order to meet all key performance indicators and exceed customer expectations.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Responsible for all Health & Safety on the Site and ensuring full compliance with company policies and legislation
- Responsible for Operational excellence across a 7 day a week large scale operation
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to all members of the team and be the escalation point for First Line Managers
- Delivering against targets within the agreed budget
- Maintain great Customer relationships and be key point of contact for the Customer
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft packages including MS Excel, MS Project and MS PowerPoint.
- Ensuring the development of the team to meet current and future operational needs
- Able to demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical capabilities and conduct deep dive analysis on complex processes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a number of stakeholders with various priorities
- Keep senior managers advised of any issues and escalate more serious matters as appropriate
- Ensure site adherence with all Wincanton policies and procedures
- Be committed to continuous improvement of the operation, striving for increased efficiency, productivity and growth
- Promote and work to the Wincanton values – Excellence, Integrity, Passion, Proactivity, Togetherness and Trust
- Work with the team to develop and maintain a positive and engaged workforce.
What will you bring?
- Previous Experience in a similar role
- Able to communicate with and inspire all colleagues to achieve a high standard of customer service and productivity
- Organised and structured with a proactive, flexible and "can do" attitude to resolve issues and challenges
- Ability to ensure attention to detail and an accurate and precise way of working
- PC literate and numerate with good communication skills, including a minimum of a basic understanding of Microsoft Office as required
- Ability to demonstrate stron leadership skills and be highly visible in the Operation
- Flexibility regarding working hours
- Possess a positive attitude with a keen and enthusiastic approach that inspires the team
- High standards with regards to Health and Safety
- Ability to train others to a high standard and coach them in their day to day activities
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Greenford Multi User 1 - 10366