Warehouse Team Leader
Nuneaton Nuneaton Townsend Drive, Attleborough Fields Ind Estate CV11 6RU 52.5153614 -1.4474881
£25k + company benefits
Reporting into the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Team Leader will have responsibility for the day to day management of circa 7 Warehouse Colleagues and associated staff, ensuring effective management and smooth running of the warehouse.
The Team Leader will require an FLT / Reach licence, training will be given if the successful candidate does not already have this.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- To manage the operation within your daily area of responsibility, managing a team of warehouse team members.
- Be responsible for achieving operational targets, goals and contractual KPI’s for the purpose of ensuring the provision of an effective and efficient quality service to DCs.
- To manage and motivate the team by giving direction and leadership monitoring performance to ensure the depot achieves high performance levels.
- To ensure operational targets are met on a weekly and monthly basis.
- To provide accurate daily information to enable an effective handover.
- Proactively encourage a positive and constructive relationship on site with the union and union representatives.
- Ensure warehouse comply with health and safety regulations
- Ensure any disciplinary action is carried out following company procedure and aim to resolve grievances on a day-to-day basis by leading by example.
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function and department
- Rotational shift pattern of 6am-2pm and 10am-6pm.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the customer
What will you bring?
- Experience of working within a warehouse environment.
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems.
- Proven experience of supervising / managing a team
- Experience of disciplinary / grievance procedures.
- Ability to work on your own initiative, working to strict deadlines
- A good communicator both verbal and written
- Excellent PC skills
- A flexible team based approach
- General awareness of health and safety
- Customer management experience
- Open-book contract experience
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, annual leaves with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking+ much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
£25k + company benefits