HR Project & Improvement Lead (6 - 9 months FTC)
We have an excellent opportunity to join our team in a role that actively supports the People Services function by managing the overall processes and continuous improvement projects. This role requires someone that is highly organised, can manage projects and has a desire to drive change through continuous improvement.
To take the lead of all aspects of best operational practice including process review, implementation of improvement approaches to allow manager and colleague self-service and simplification of service experience.
Ensure design methodology, approvals, change control and documentation are standardised and consistently applied.
This is a National role with travel across the site.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Accountable for documenting HR, T&A and Payroll ways of working which will require the ability to produce written reports, plans and process maps, underpinned by the ability to analyse situations and large-scale data.
- Overall responsibility for the governance of HR processes, process maps, documentation, knowledgebase documentation and HR platforms ensuring that all relevant systems and processes are documented and are kept up to date.
- Lead the setup, implementation, maintenance of all new HR transactional processes, procedures and tools.
- Ensure design methodology, approvals, version control, change control and documentation are standardised and consistently applied.
- Managing multiple projects with challenging timelines and range of stakeholders.
- Lead HR process reviews to optimise efficient application of processes, procedures and standards.
- Support the delivery of HR calendar events and provide support to the wider People Services team as required.
- Develop method for identifying demand for People Services, tracking trends for service type and implementing method for meeting service requirements.
- Lead the roll out of new systems of work by completing train the trainer sessions when rolling out updates and changes.
- Review operational performance, seeking effectiveness and efficiency improvements through innovation and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that in implementing change relevant measures and/or Key Performance Indicators are in place and that any deviance can be identified and justified.
- Develop communication tools to embed change projects as necessary.
- Work closely with the rest of the People team to ensure that process and portal updates for their areas are of high quality, accurate, executed in a timely manner and changes are communicated in a clear manner.
What will you bring?
- Broad HR and Payroll knowledge
- Strong Project management skills
- Highly organised and responsive, with ability to work to SLAs and tight deadlines
- Experience in creating performance reports
- Numerate and a lateral thinker, good at data analysis, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent Documentation skills
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Sound stakeholder management and communication skills
- Willingness to learn new change methodology and tools
- Proven experience of working with ambiguity and managing multiple projects/tasks
- Good Knowledge of HR Terms and Conditions and policies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent / CIPD qualified
- Experience of working in a shared service environment
- Proven SharePoint or other Intranet development experience
- Managing and coaching others
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, annual leaves with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!