HR Reward Advisor
Birmingham Birmingham Faraday Avenue B46 1AL 52.5243194 -1.7010951
£30k to £35k + company benefits
This is a new role to the Corporate People Team reporting to the Head of Reward and provides an excellent opportunity for someone to make a considerable impact within the organisation. Using internal and external insight, they will develop leading edge tools that can be deployed to increase engagement, performance and ultimately, customer/shareholder value. Providing comprehensive support on key reward, benefits and pension initiatives the Reward Advisor will utilise both data analysis expertise and communication skills to support reward decision making.
This role is home based with some travel to Chippenham Head Office.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Support the Head of Reward in the development of a Reward strategy that contributes to the achievement of the long term People strategy and overall business objectives.
- Support the delivery of reward-based projects and programmes through data analysis and employee communication.
- Work with the Head of Reward to deliver cyclical activity such as salary reviews, incentive and benefit programmes.
- Ensure the benchmarking and job evaluation processes are effective, relevant and support the business to provide reward packages which are competitive and in line with similar roles in other organisations
- Ensure all pay decisions are supported by robust market information, maintained through a comprehensive pay and benefits benchmarking framework.
- Support key pension processes working with the Trustee, the Company and Third Parties to ensure a good service level is maintained for all colleagues.
- Help develop and improve the communication of the Company’s benefits, along with supporting review and maintenance of the benefits portfolio offered to colleagues.
- Collaborate with the central Shared Services team and wider People Team on the delivery of reward initiatives.
- Interpret, interrogate and effectively present data to support reward decision-making
- Provide guidance to the wider People Team to ensure they have excellent knowledge and a thorough understanding of our reward and benefits offering and any relevant associated policies.
- Submit Company data to Reward surveys.
- Supports the preparation of papers and presentations to support key reward decisions and governance at a senior level.
What will you bring?
- HR and / or Reward background
- Experience of analysing data and providing management information.
- Good commercial, numerical and analytical skills.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audience.
- Experience of working with highly confidential and sensitive information with tact & diplomacy.
- Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team.
- Sound knowledge of UK employment law.
- Excellent organisational skills and initiative.
- Excellent IT skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a prerequisite.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, in order to optimise operational performance.
- Proven reward, benefits and pensions experience and delivery.
- CIPD qualified or desire to work towards
- Previous experience within a Head office / corporate environment.
- Relevant industry experience.
- Previous experience with Oracle
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, annual leaves + bank hols with the option to buy more, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
£30k to £35k + company benefits