Transport Shift Manager
Northampton Northampton Nectar Way NN4 9BX 52.213068 -0.94683
UK Northampton Sainsburys - 11467
We are recruiting for a Transport Shift Manager to join our Sainsburys depot based in Northampton.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- To lead a transport team in delivering excellent service, meeting all financial/budgetary KPI’s and contractual commitments.
- To work in conjunction with the Transport Operations manager to ensure the transport operation meets the needs of our client and their customers.
- Ensure that all shift activities are completed in line with all legislative/procedural guidelines.
- Nurture and develop a transport team driving for continuous improvement and progression, using relevant management tools.
- To actively work collaboratively with all department to provide a joined up delivery of operational requirements.
- Responsibility for the day to day implementation of site people policies, engagement of colleagues and undertaking all activities relating to direct management of an operational management team.
- To champion our culture of trust, respect and togetherness in line with Wincanton’s missions and values.
- Investing in and driving our award-winning health and safety standard.
- To deputise for the Transport Operations Manager when required.
What will you bring?
- Experience of managing a team within a fast paced operation, ideally within a logistics environment.
- Must display clear communication skills at all levels with clients, colleagues and reports.
- A natural leader who is able to coach and motivate a team, helping them to achieve and exceed their KPI’s and deliver on department objectives.
- Must display a solid knowledge of all relevant driving legislation including tachograph policies, driving hours and the Road Traffic Act.
- Should be flexible in their approach to their working hours and days as this is a shift based role
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft packages and transport software.
- Previous experience working within a unionised environment is desirable .
- CPC Holder (desirable).
- The above position will include shift and weekend working as the depot operates 24 / 7 therefore it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Northampton Sainsburys - 11467