TMS Super User
Worsley Worsley Unit 5, Holloway Drive, Wardley Industrial Estate M28 2LA 53.5150713 -2.3587158
Upto £37k + company benefits
The Super User is a hands-on project role that will contribute to the Design, Configuration, Testing and on-going support for users. The role is challenging due to the need to have both operational and systems knowledge to contribute to analysing and documenting ‘As Is’ and ‘To Be’ states. The Super User will also need to mentor other operational roles on the project and, working in collaboration with IS, help to on-board the new services.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Documentation of existing business scenarios, including business processes where required, related to transport operations
- Help the SMEs to articulate operational standards, methods, tools and best practices
- Help the SMEs in analysing future requirements and proposed ‘To Be’ business processes for completeness and to establish if they are fit for purpose
- Documentation of ‘To Be’ models, business processes and UAT scenarios
- Lead the operational teams in the creation of SOP and off system process
- Work with the project team, users and vendors to design, test and implement the planning and execution related aspects of the TMS solution
- Responsible for the definition of the requirement specifications and designs
- Document business scenarios and transfer knowledge of operations to the project team to facilitate the blueprinting process.
- Support the data cleansing and collation activity
- As part of the project team develop specifications from high level requirement documents
- Serve as a domain expert, possessing in-depth knowledge of all aspects of transport processes
- Transfer transport operational knowledge to the project team to ensure that best practice is delivered by releases and projects
- Articulate existing business processes, identify and describe decisions that could be automated in the ‘To Be’ processes
- Validate that ‘To Be’ business processes meet the strategic business requirements and satisfy existing business needs
- Identify the need for, and assist the business to specify, reports required by customers and operational users of the system
- Review and approve all documentation related to the design of the solution
- Identify test scenarios and support the validation of vendor proposed designs
- Lead operational teams in the development of UAT Scripts
- Obtain answers from the respective business unit for unknown processes or questions
- Identify risk and own mitigating actions where applicable
- Communicate updates to BU teams and help to manage the change process
- Lead the UAT testing activity and train local key users on how to use the system and to execute UAT
- Planning KPIs, profit and loss, and collaboration across multiple planning sites
- Optimisation of fleet utilisation via backhaul and use of sub contraction both internal and external
- Customer Services, POD Management and document scanning
- Integrating with finance systems, general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable Inc. self-bill
- Master data, reporting and system administration
What will you bring?
- Transport planner or has previously been a transport planner in a networked environment
- Familiar with EnergyLink operations, and the fuels sector in general (ADR, potting…)
- Experience of using various transport management packages for planning and execution
- Experience of using a transport optimisation system beneficial
- Experience of business process modelling and Lean techniques advantageous
- Strong understanding of logistics
- Involvement in at least two medium scale medium complexity transport IS projects with specific responsibility for planning and back office processes
- Good understanding of IS implementation methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, including technical planning issues
- Ability to gain commitment from others
- Good negotiation skills
- Procedural skills
- Logical thinker
- Problem solver
- Good team building skills
- Good knowledge of Information and Systems Technology
- Interest in IS and desire to be part of a large transformational project
- Business Analysts
- Implementation Analysts
- Business SMEs
- Data owners
- Solution Architects
- Workstream Leads
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
Upto £37k + company benefits