Finance Assistant ( 9 months FTC)
Greenford Greenford Rockware Avenue UB6 0AA 51.5422471 -0.3438068
UK Greenford Multi User 1 - 10366
A 9 months FTC vacancy has arisen for a Finance Assistant to work at the Greenford site reporting to the Assistant Finance Manager.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Own end to end contract P&Ls from Revenue down to Profit
- Bring visibility to the performance of the contracts by in depth analysis
- Responsible for Balance Sheet position and commentary
- Generate invoices and input onto systems and Resolution of Sales ledger queries
- Collation of data for production of site KPIs and weekly Site P&Ls
- Maintain accuracy – financial and non-financial data to tight deadlines
- Raise purchase orders for suppliers
- Post journals, accruals and prepayments into the financial system
- Maintain weekly intercompany charges
- Generating system reports for use in financial analysis
- Assist in the process of payroll checking, authorising, re-checking and rectifying
- Provide support to other members of the Finance team
- Responsible for other Finance Admin
What will you bring?
- Enthusiastic, reliable and highly organised with a can-do attitude
- Ability to deliver a high performance within a small finance team
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with problems and challenges
- Ability to work as part of a team with a positive attitude
- Flexible and motivated to be able to work under pressure and the ability to meet time critical targets
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, with high emphasis on Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative and work within tight deadlines
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Studying towards an Accounting qualification an advantage
- Hours of work mainly Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, although a degree of flexibility is required.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK Greenford Multi User 1 - 10366