People Advisor FTC
Charlton Charlton Hope and Anchor Lane, Lombard Trading Estate SE7 7SN 51.4864606182 0.0364780426
UK Thameside Sainsburys - 12327
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate People Advisor to join us on 12 month FTC at our Sainsburys Distribution Centre in Thameside, London. The successful candidate will play a key role in leading the day to day people agend and will provide a comprehensive People service to our colleagues and management team. The site has been operational for 8 years and employs around 400 permenant colleagues and operates 24/7 364 days a year, so flexibility in hours and approach is cruical. Wincanton are committed to developing functional specialists and you will have the opportunity to further your career within HR and join a broader UK-wide network of industry leading HR professionals.
The role will be based on site in Thameside but there will be a need to support one other site remotely.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Provide advice, support and coaching on all peoiple elated matters to the site-based management team (i.e. disciplinaries, grievances, flexible working, absence, maternity etc)
- Manage employee relations cases efficiently and effectively to ensure fairness , consistancy and the most appropriate outcome
- Support ongoing recruitment activity ensuring compliance to internal policies and the selection of the most suitable candidates
- Deliver training to Line Managers related to leadership development
- Support absence management protocols at the site including the active management of acceptable levels of attendance and OH referrals
- Monitor and report on key HR KPI’s at a site-level i.e. sickness, engagement ,development, training
- Contribute to the development of the People plan and employee engagement surveys and initiatives
- Support the technical and leadership development of Line Managers and ensure strong succession plans are in place
- Support the operational teams to improve operating processes/practices and manage the HR implications of these changes
- Ensure high standards of compliance relating to employment and H&S legislative matters
- Work closely with Union representatives to build a progressive and partnership-based relationship
- Keep up to date with changes to employment legislation and implement the required changes in policies and practices
- Support and deliver HR projects
What will you bring?
- Experience of working in large scale Food Logistics, 3PL, and/or in-house Retail as an HR Advisor (either Grocery Retail, Foodservice or Food manufacturing)
- Good technical HR knowledge and understanding of current employment law/progressive HR practices
- Direct exposure to working jointly and in partnership with site-based Trade Unions
- Passionate about developing and supporting colleagues to fulfil their potential
- Pragmatic, resilient and a self-starter
- High integrity and a strong sense of doing the right thing
- Flexibility (can support a 24/7 operation)
- Strong communication skills and a natural ability to build relationships quickly
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and experience of working with recruitment and HRIS systems (Oracle HR ideally)
- Preferable CIPD Level 5 qualified, or working towards it
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Thameside Sainsburys - 12327