Bridgwater Bridgwater TA6
There is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Shift Manager to join a newly established Wincanton operation in Bridgwater supporting the construction of Hinkley Point C (HPC). This is a key role that will be central to the successful delivery of a contract win where Wincanton will provide warehousing and transport services for goods being delivered in to HPC.
The primary role of the Shift Manager will be to take a lead in the day-to-day management of the J24 facility contributing to the effective management of all operational costs and services along with the effective implementation of a safety-first culture and the operational Business Plan.
Shifts will primarily be between Monday to Friday on shift patterns within the operating hours of 06:00 to 22:00. As the Project develops there may be a requirement for the successful candidate to undertake some Saturday and Sunday working based on working five from seven.
There are other Associated Developments in the Avon and Somerset area which may require support on an ad hoc basis, so a driving licence is preferrable.
The role reports into the J24 Operations Manager.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Taking a lead role in the Zero Harm agenda with colleagues on site
- Managing Shift Leads who are then responsible for their own teams
- Being conversant with performance and operational targets for each shift, using effective management of resources to achieve KPI’s (safety, quality, service, absence)
- Leading the operation in the absence of the J24 Operations Manager
- Ensuring a clear operational plan is communicated so that all employees are clear about their expected targets
- Ensuring that colleagues are competent, motivated, engaged and focused and that they perform effectively at all times
- Delivering 100% accuracy in all aspects of operation
- Establishing priorities and communicating them effectively
- Pro-actively identifying, evaluating, addressing and communicating any potential problems and risks to colleagues
- Continuously monitoring performance and refreshing plans accordingly
- Liaising with customer, colleagues and other third parties to exceed customer expectations
- Being visible, leading by example and promoting the shared values of NNB / EDF and Wincanton
What will you bring?
- Leading, or being part of, a team with an excellent Health and Safety record
- Experience of a secure warehouse environment, including detailed understanding of warehouse management systems and previous successful experience of leading a team
- IOSH qualification desirable but not essential as training will be provided
- Having qualifications in any of the following would be advantageous but training will be made avialable; First Aid, Incident Control, Risk Assessment, Accident Investigation, Spill Response, Fire Marshall
- Excellent communication skills combined with logical problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Quality Management and of what good looks like would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to analyse data and make recommendations
- Customer focused and able to build effective relationships with team, client and other third parties
- Enthusiastic, committed and able to respond positively to changing demands
- FLT (CBT and RT) license would be advantageous but not a key consideration for this role
A positive and flexible approach will be required to support the changing needs of the contract and, in return, career progression will be available to the right candidate.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!