4 PL Transport Coordinator
Derby Derby DE1 1AD 52.9213305 -1.4740889
This is not a typical transport office role. We offer a 4PL solution to most of our clients rather than running our own fleet. The Transport Co-Ordinator will have a critical role in ensuring that we deliver day to day service excellence to our clients. The transport clerk is a critical interface working with the transport co-ordinators, our hauliers and our clients.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Reporting to the Transport Supervisor.
- To co-ordinate transport moves both domestically and internationally from the start to end process.
- To ensure all POD’s for all transport are requested and are returned accordingly.
- An understanding of specific customer requirements.
- Collate and provide data to the Customer with their weekly transport costs.
- Prepare monthly KPI data for Customer period packs.
- Using the online booking and transport management systems.
What will you bring?
- Experience working in a challenging customer service environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within a transport operation, with an ability to work on own initiative.
- Customer driven with an attention to detail are essential for this position
- The individual must have excellent time management skills with a positive team working attitude.
- The individual must have an enthusiastic, committed, flexible and can-do approach.
- Demonstrates Wincanton core values – Excellence, Integrity, Passion, Proactivity, Togetherness and Trust.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.