£35k + company benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Carrier Manager to join our Fully Managed Service Team. Reporting to the Head of Managed Services, the role will involve day to day managing of the contract/s covering all aspects of Carrier Delivery Performance to ensure continuous improvements in the end customer delivery experience. This includes deliveries, KPI’s, management of carriers SLA’s, weekly carrier costs - invoice validation, develop a strategic relationship with the carriers, to reduce costs and to ensure continuous improvements and development of the clients account/s.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Analyse daily delivery performance, manage exceptions and provide details of potential failed deliveries to call centre of client to reduce impact of any failures to end customer
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly KPI reports
- Invoice validation
- Work alongside the Fully Managed Service Team to review carrier accounts to ensure best rates, develop strong strategic relationships with carriers and client awareness and support
- Produce packs for monthly, quarterly and annual reviews
- Ad hoc reporting as required
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring procedures to ensure continuous review and improvement.
- Responds professionally and positively to identify and meet the needs of both internal and external customers. Sets high service standards and is seen to be delivering continuous improvement.
What will you bring?
- Customer focused with drive to achieve
- Driven by continual improvement and with high personal standards and integrity.
- Can quickly gain a sound understanding of the contract and the operational issues.
- Be able to demonstrate previous relevant experience
- Be able to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Can do attitude with willingness to challenge the status quo
- Sound planning and people management skills
- Have excellent PC skills to include Excel, Word and power point
- Previous experience of working to strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Team player with good motivational skills who leads by example
- Closed & open book experience would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills both face to face and on the phone
- Problem Solver – Working to resolve customer problems at the point of delivery
- Full drivers’ licence and the ability to travel to sites with own transport
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
£35k + company benefits