Finance Systems Support Analyst
Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated individual to work within the Finance Systems Team at Chippenham Head Office. The role provides business user support for all Finance Systems including Oracle eBusiness Suite r12, Weir Finance System among others. Additionally, there will be a requirement to support the current transformation project to replace core systems within the Finance area. The role has responsibility for ensuring user and data integrity and must follow the change control process for any requirements that impact the systems and interfaces, plus any required application management and administration.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Responsible for providing ‘Expert User’ support to the Finance and wider business user community, analysing and resolving system problems, including root cause analysis.
- Ensuring the efficient maintenance of standing data change requests are accurately captured, tracked and appropriately implemented in a timely manner across all impacted systems.
- Maintenance of iProcurement catalogues, Approved Supplier Lists, iProcurement smart forms, Chart of Account standing data and user accounts.
- Extracting and analysing data from back-office systems using Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle SQL Developer and other available data analysis tools.
- Performing system testing for defects and developments to ensure correct functionality.
- Participation in Central and Operational projects to ensure system developments are considered and appropriately designed, with a strong emphasis on financial controls.
- Performing reconciliations of key general ledger accounts and system infrastructures to ensure integrity.
- Providing and receiving cross-training with other colleagues to provide adequate team cover during holiday and other periods of absence.
What will you bring?
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Customer focused, approachable and a good team player.
- Be very organised with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure at busy times whilst maintaining accuracy and meeting set objectives within required timescales.
- Self-motivated and working with minimal supervision on a day-to-day basis.
- Fast learner and comfortable using different systems and software, including Microsoft Office 365 products, Oracle e-Business Suite R12 and Service Now.
- Highly proficient with data manipulation using multiple tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills at all levels.
- Have the ability to work with team members across organisational and geographical boundaries.
- An understanding of the procure to pay lifecycle is advantageous.
- Relevant accounting / Oracle support experience advantageous.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
**We are open to having conversations about flexible working
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189