Regional General Manager
Wakefield Wakefield Wincanton, Morrisons Transport, 41 Kenmore Rd, Wakefield Industrial Estate WF2 0XF 53.713498102 -1.5147185325
UK Wakefield Morrisons
This is a senior appointment, reporting to the Head of Transport covering 3 sites based in Wakefield, Gadbrook and Stockton.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Proactively motivate the team and monitor their performance to achieve planned targets and deadlines by providing guidance and encouragement.
- Build a strong relationship with customer representatives across the north region.
- Ensure the best talent is in place to deliver business objectives and deliver a robust succession plan for current and future key roles with an effective people resourcing plan to meet the needs of the business.
- Deliver Contract Account Plans to achieve customer retention/satisfaction, contract expansion, deliver profit (YOY) and margin growth.
- Build a useful network of external contacts to support business growth and ensure exposure to best practice along with building robust working relationships with all key stakeholders to ensure first class operational performance which results in long term partnerships.
- Responsible for the delivery of all contractual KPI’s and budget requirements across the contract.
- Deliver a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement by utilising the most appropriate methodology on a consistent basis.
- Manage change effectively ensuring first class collaboration between various functions, departments and customer teams.
- Ensure that a best in class HSE performance is achieved within the Account and that a culture of safety in everything we do is embedded.
- Ensure that a high-performance culture is developed and maintained across the account through the site leadership teams to deliver operational excellence and continuously meet performance and productivity targets on a day to day basis.
- Ensure effective communication throughout the operation, communicating planned requirements providing information on performance, company news and procedures.
What will you bring?
- Be actively involved with budget reviews providing clear added value for the customer.
- Ideally you will have experience of working within a 3PL environment, FMCG, understanding processes and operations requirements, being fully familiar with stringent service level expectations preferably with a leading retailer/distributor.
- Have the ability to continually look for ways to enhance and improve current processes.
- A CPC (National & International) is a prerequisite for the position.
- Have experience of working closely with clients and developing effective working relationships, using excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate at all levels professionally and discretely.
- Ideally you will have experience of working within a unionised environment.
- You must be able to demonstrate and operate at a senior management level driving the bottom line, focusing on the customer and taking accountability, collaborating and developing the business and enabling others.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Wakefield Morrisons