Hope Hope S33 6RP 53.3316707 -1.7676347999
Breedon Hope Valley
We have a fantastic new vacancy for a Transport Planner to join one of our Construction contracts based in Hope Valley, Derbyshire.
The successful candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Working in conjunction with the customer’s planning team to maximise the shared fleet’s efficiency and productivity.
- Creation, execution and monitoring of the daily traffic schedule maximising Wincanton’s service offering, revenue and profitability whilst ensuring all legal constraints are adhered to.
- Understanding and achieving specific targets regarding vehicle utilisation for core vehicles.
- Managing sub-contract hauliers at targeted margins to meet the customer’s and Wincanton’s requirements.
- Liaising with key customer stakeholders to ensure that operational requirements, KPI’s and customer service are delivered on a consistent basis.
- Point of contact for operational issues for the customer and driving team.
- Health and Safety reporting in line with company and customer standards.
- Legal Compliance administration and management of WTD and EU Tachograph regulations and vehicle maintenance.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in a safe and compliant manner in line with company and legislative requirements.
- Working pattern will be Monday to Friday, some shift work.
What will you bring?
- Have good commercial awareness and understanding of financial information.
- Planning experience of own and sub-contract fleet, preferably in a closed book environment.
- Customer focused and able to deliver and exceed customer expectations.
- Self-starter, energetic, hands-on approach.
- Effective planning and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
- You will have a proactive and committed approach towards all aspects of the job and ensure high standards in health and safety, customer service and legal compliance are met and exceeded.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Breedon Hope Valley