Fleet Engineer / Manager / Technical Manager
Role is to provide a management interface between key R&M suppliers, primarily Pullman Fleet Solutions Ltd (PFS), and Wincanton, ensuring that commercial, engineering, and safety undertakings are upheld, and the supplier contract is adhered to, reported upon, and enhanced.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Lead and manage the new interface between Wincanton and PFS, aligned to the primary services contract and the expectations of the Transitionary Services Agreement, insofar as vehicle maintenance and their associated recharges/PAYG cost transactions.
- Investigate, report upon, and resolve vehicle engineering and process issues relating to the service provision.
- Provide a conduit for the escalation of daily issues into PFS (from the likes of contracts and Fleet Engineers).
- Provide technical backup to PFS for Wincanton fleet vehicles, and a means of gaining further expert assistance from Wincanton fleet team and our suppliers.
- Provide a gate-keeping function for PAYG/non-contract cost being passed from PFS into Wincanton.
- Work with the supplier to ensure that service provider KPI reports are delivered, on time, and in full,
- Work with PFS to evaluate R&M cost exposures and vehicle specification short-comings.
- Collate and report section KPIs
- Support Technical Service Director in BAU issues, incidents, and tactical projects.
- Seek out and implement group wide Continuous Improvement (CI) opportunities.
- Timely delivery of allocated strategic projects, their ongoing improvement, and other allocated tasks.
- Qualitative approach to report generation and the actions required to close out, linked to systemised SEI reporting.
- Visibility of reports and KPI trends.
- CI reporting and measurement.
What will you bring?
- Ideally educated to degree level (BEng/MEng preferred) with a sound engineering background, and an analytical approach, with the ability to argue and uphold good engineering/technical standards.
- Heavy Motor Vehicle experience beneficial but not essential.
- Able to demonstrate the values of the business, be recognised as a technical specialist, and have the interpersonal skills that enables good interaction with group staff, suppliers, and customers alike. Be driven to innovate and make a difference.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!