Workforce Planning Manager
Reporting to the Transformation Director, this role will be responsible for embedding strong workforce planning capabilities across the broader Wincanton Group operations. It will work to deliver tools and providers who are aligned with the needs of the business and deliver flexible and agile workforce’s reflective of the market changes.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- To lead on the development of the organisation's Operations Workforce Strategy, including understanding demand management from our diverse customer base, enabling flexible workforce provision for both core and contingent labour, underpinned by digital technology and robust and collaborative processes.
- To develop a plan to support delivery of the integrated Group Operations Workforce Strategy with clear deliverables and timelines over the next 3 years.
- To ensure that the Workforce Strategy reflects the financial context in which the
- Ensure the organisation is operating and establishes a value-added service to our customers which creates competitive advantage for Wincanton.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including critical customers, Procurement, Operational and People team members along with senior leaders in these functions.
- Work with our external providers of both Contingent workforce and the underpinning technology to provide cost efficient flexible contingent labour, in line with customer demand.
- To build capabilities across Group Operational teams to match demand and absence forecasting to labour supply, considering the most efficient models for provision of a flexible labour workforce and developing a site campus collaboration model
- Providing forecasting for core and contingent labour demands to optimise operational performance and provision of timely MI to COE’s
What will you bring?
- Substantial experience of developing workforce planning strategy in a large geographically dispersed and diverse organisation
- Substantial experience of developing and delivering to clear action-oriented plans
- Experience of working in partnership and collaborating to achieve shared goals
- Building strong-relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation
- Experience of leading and managing high impact collaborative change projects
- Experience of designing and implementing flexible and innovative people focused solutions that deliver organisational strategy
- Significant experience of the broad Organisational Design areas of accountability and responsibility including experience of delivery
- Desired - Experience of demand and absence planning, understanding how it can influence the supply of labour
- Confidence, and drive to hit the ground running and positively challenging the status quo
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!