Senior Transport Operator (Nights)
Coventry Coventry Torrington Avenue CV4 9AP 52.522608 -1.697248
UK Coventry -
£28500 + company benefits
Working close with the Operations Managers in Coventry. Taking on additional responsibility and helping to develop the Traffic Operators. To co-ordinate, supervise and report upon the work activities of a team; providing effective communication, leadership and motivation.
Main duties will include allocation of work and de-briefing all drivers on return. Identifying and managing infringements analyzing drivers print-offs, monitoring completion of delivery paperwork, managing communication and escalation of issues.
Shift Pattern - working 5 out of 7, 8PM to 5AM
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Team Management
- Direct the daily activity to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for team members
- Deliver driver performance reviews, development as appropriate
- Manage investigations in line with HR Policy
- Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced
- Organise and lead the focus on improved productivity levels
- Plan workload and manage resource
- Management of defect process, VOR's and breakdowns
- Ensuring the accident management process is adhered to
- Management of shipments to Ireland and DGN notes
- Dealing with day to day queries and driver issues
- Allocate work to all drivers
- De-brief drivers daily
- Manage driver and road compliance and working time legislation
- Complete vehicle accident reports with drivers as appropriate
- To ensure daily communication of all delivery shortages/overs
- To ensure Microlise is managed and updated
- To complete vehicle inspections for general hygiene
- To ensure all issues are escalated to the Transport Operations Managers as and when required.
What will you bring?
- Experience working in a challenging customer service environment.
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate good IT skills, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and the ability to understand external systems.
- Experience working within a transport operation not essential, but desirable.
- Customer driven with an attention to detail are essential for this position.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proactive and shows initiative.
- Enthusiastic, committed, with a flexible, can-do approach, and positive team working attitude.
- Demonstrates Wincanton core values – Excellence, Integrity, Passion, Proactivity, Togetherness and Trust.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Coventry -
£28500 + company benefits