Manchester Manchester M28 2LA 53.5157363 -2.3598028
upto £28 k + company benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Planner to join our P66 contract in the Worsley Office.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- To be part of, a flexible team working within Transport Planning.
- To support where required Order entry of all fuel types are documented and input in line with agreed procedures for Ortec.
- Provide guidance to the co-ordinators to ensure all drivers are fully utilised.
- Provide an efficient and accurate transport plan via Ortec, which minimises downtime and maximises driver utilisation.
- To ensure that all delivery documentation is accurate when checking is performed in line with the agreed working procedures and all discrepancies are properly advised and authorised.
- To communicate where necessary any order queries etc to P66 or supplier representatives.
- To assist Office Supervisor/ Manager, Co-ordinators and Customer Services department in general administration duties or reasonable requests when requested.
- To be able to, proactively manage all calls in line with the P66 requirements of the Customer Services SLA’s and Performance Measures.
What will you bring?
The job holder reports to the P66 Office Supervisor/ Manager as part of a support team working on a shift system. However, this role will also be required to undertake requests made to them by the General Manager of the P66 business.
To ensure that all planning activity movements are documented and input accurately in line with the agreed procedures.
To ensure personal and team compliance with all procedures and policies always.
To be responsible for all Health and Safety issues within the areas of the Job Holders control.
To communicate effectively with Wincanton and Customers as required.
To provide other assistance to the, Office Supervisor/ Manager when required.
Nature and Scope
The Job Holder is part of the Planning / Routing Team in this high-profile within P66.
The Job Holder needs to ensure that all relevant information is generated, logged and acted upon to ensure the efficient running of the P66 Business.
The Job Holder needs to be able to work within a flexible team-based approach which, delegates’ authority and decision-making.
Decision making authority
The job holder will not have any personal decision-making authority is within purpose of job; however, all team members are encouraged to recommend change and implement new working methods once agreed by Office Supervisor/ Manager.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
upto £28 k + company benefits