Safety & Driver Training Manager
£41k + company car/allowance
We have two exciting new HSE Training Managers role to join our fuel contract Valero. Ideally one to be based in the North and the second to be based in the South. The role is covering the entire region (North/South) and reports to the National Operations Manager.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Training and assessing Driver Trainers
- Training and assessing agency drivers and MOD as necessary
- Forecourt site vetting – be able to determine whether a tanker vet is also required due to physical access constraints
- Production of journey plans
- Accident investigation – where required support disciplinary interviews and investigations
- Compiling safety and incidents stats for Valero and operational teams
- Unannounced delivery audits and training for operational team
- Support all site safety audits
- Providing guidance and training on safety matters for managers and supervisors
- Ensuring the driver manual and SSOW are up to date
- Aviation assessments
- CPC and PDP training syllabus
- Maintaining a training matrix of drivers to be trained/have been trained report on progress
- Monitoring with operations driver performance, establish risk and take steps to improve poor performance
- Successfully pass Human Factors training and become a Trainer,
- Work with other H&S Trainers to continually improve training program methods, delivery and incorporate Human Factors training
- Leading with in cab technology such as telematics for roll out and training
What will you bring?
- LGV License & Experience
- Fuel delivery experience
- Accredited training qualification
- H & S qualifications
- IAM / ROSPA assessor qualified
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, annual leaves + bank hols with the option to buy more, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
£41k + company car/allowance