Mental Health and First Aid Trainer
Lutterworth Lutterworth LE17 6AB 52.4211299 -1.215598
Wincanton is currently recruiting a Mental Health and First Aid Trainer (HSEQ Trainer) tesponsible for writing and delivering HSEQ related training across the business and ensuring the group programmes are continuously reviewed and updated in line with legislation and industry best practice.
This role will include regional travel and home-working, therefore, base location of the position is flexible.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Main focus is First Aid and Mental Health course delivery
- To deliver training to meet course objectives using a range of teaching methods;
- To write and develop, high quality training courses as required in line with current company standards and objectives using a range of teaching methods
- To write and develop bespoke high-quality training courses for specific customers as required
- Regularly review and maintain course training materials to ensure they are always up to date with relevant material and legally compliant
- Evaluate success and impact of training given
- To produce timely and accurate reports for training analysis
- Extensive UK travel
- To support training managers to meet team objectives using a range of strategic methods;
- To coordinate internal and external enquiries, room bookings, course capacity, subcontractor registers and booking requests, coursework and assessments, course promotion and marketing, internal cross charging and external invoicing
- To liaise with HSEQ Managers to ensure training offering supports business needs and provide verbal and written feedback with any concerns following discussions in training courses
- To write and develop bespoke high-quality E-Learning training courses / pre- or post-assessments for specific customers as required
- Evaluate success and impact of the team’s training
- Work with the HSEQ team and wider business to identify opportunities to increase the training offering internally and externally
- Keeping up to date in developments in training by reading relevant journals, guidance and publications
- Assist in ad hoc activities that drive the training team agenda
What will you bring?
- Mental Health First Aid instructor qualification
- Good understanding of Health and Safety practices
- Maintain the high standard of reputation of the HSEQ training team by following the smart and task specific dress codes and conduct
- Adhering to the organisations, site and customer rules always including correct PPE usage and leading by example
- Experience in delivering training courses or development sessions
- The willing to be open for development in order to assist with widening the HSEQ course portfolio
- Training qualification
- Dynamic and creative
- Confident and proficient at writing and delivering presentations
- Strong communication skills and verbally articulate
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Consistent, polite, approachable and helpful
- Advanced user of PowerPoint
- Open to new ideas and keen to explore new methods of training and delivery
- Willingness to travel across the UK and Ireland to run courses
- Formal training qualification i.e. QTS, PGCE, CTLLS, BTEC award in Education and Training (L4) or similar
- First Aid Instructor qualification
- Manual handling instructor qualification
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (L5)
- Minimum Level 3 award in Education and Training
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
**We are open to having conversations about flexible working
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!