Wigan Wigan Units 73L and 76, Bradley Hall Industrial Estate WN6 0XQ 53.5939606 -2.6497844
£21851 + company benefits
Due to the continued expansion of our 2-person Home Delivery Network we have an exciting opportunity for three Transport Administrators to join our brand-new team based in Wigan. This role will report into the Transport Manager and be a key role based on a shared site.
These roles will include shift and weekend working. There may also be on occasions a requirement to work nights shifts, and therefore it is essential that you are fully flexible to meet this requirement.
Working 5 out of 7 with a flexibility to work early, lates and nights.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- To support the management of on site and out base customer service team ensuring that they work within company guidelines
- To ensure operational targets are met on a weekly and monthly basis
- To brief home delivery crews on and off site at the start of every shift communicating planned requirements
- Update of customer systems to confirm deliveries and provide management information
- Proactively encourage a positive and constructive relationship on site with the customer
- Ensure the contact complies with Road Traffic Act
- Ensure drivers comply with health and safety regulations
- Compliance audit and manage fleet to ensure this complies with O Licence requirements
- To manage resources on site and across the out bases to ensure a smooth operation
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the contract
- Support multiple sites, and vehicle types nationally
- Solid understanding of planning or a willing to learn such tools as Paragon.
What will you bring?
- Experience of working within a transport environment
- Knowledge of transport legislation
- Experience of supervising / managing a team
- Ability to work on your own initiative, working to strict deadlines
- An excellent communicator
- Excellent PC skills
- A flexible team-based approach
- A passion for ensuring the team meet the highest standards of health and safety
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, annual leaves with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking+ much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
£21851 + company benefits