Inventory Clerk (3-6 months FTC)
Corby Corby Long Croft Road, Corby NN18 8EY 52.480506 -0.689489
UK Corby Multi User - 12271
£22k pro rata
Due to our continued success and business growth, there is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and organised Inventory Clerk to join our successful team at Corby on a 3-6 months FTC.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- To keep accurate records of pallets to avoid financial exposure and inability.
- Proactively manage all stock movement documentation, in line with agreed procedures.
- To update the systems with relevant data, as a result of operational /pallet transactions.
- To liaise with customers, hauliers and internal customers on all issues relating to the operation.
- To comply with Quality, Health and Safety procedures and to ensure a safe working environment for self and others.
- Maintain WMS database and schedules with no effect to the service levels and stock integrity
- Provide general administration support as required to aid the efficient running of operations.
- Providing general administrative support to the site
- Any other duties considered necessary to fulfil the role. To be responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and other operatives by adhering to safe working practices
- To attend training courses when required
- To ensure all handling of finished products comply with Legislative, Company & Customer requirements with respect to Food Safety, Quality & legality. This will be in accordance with the regulations of the company, customer & BRC standards thus ensuring that all products, packaging and processes meet these requirements.
- Responsible for highlighting any potential quality issues that could impact on food safety, including hygiene and damage issues to your Shift Manager to ensure any complaints or product issues are maintained at the lowest level possible. Ensuring completion of all necessary process control and quality documented records.
- To complete cycle counts within the customer KPI
- To support the annual stock, take as per customer requirements.
What will you bring?
- Effective communication skills at all levels of internal & external customers
- Highly flexible, committed and willing to carry out varied tasks positively and reliably.
- Possess accuracy skills and ability to carry out tasks with attention to detail ensuring work is error free first time.
- Ability to work as part of a team, whilst providing flexibility and reliability.
- Must be PC literate – Microsoft packages including Excel to an intermediate level
- Familiarisation with Manhattan WMS is preferable but not essential.
- Motivated to be able to work under pressure and the ability to meet critical timeliness targets.
- Be prepared to multitask and offer excellent and reliable support
- Be prepared to be flexible in order to meet operational demands
- Ability to communicate at all levels in both written and verbal forms
- Ability to demonstrate commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility governed by the position
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, annual leaves with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking+ much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Corby Multi User - 12271
£22k pro rata