Shift Engineer (6 months FTC)
Wigan Wigan Fourmarts Road, Martland Park WN5 0LR 53.555784 -2.679017
UK Wigan Heinz - 10819
£42319 pro rata
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Shift Engineer to join our Heinz DC on a 6 months FTC. The successful candidate will be required to support the management team on providing a first-class service to the operation.
Shift Engineers will maintain the planned maintenance schedule daily. They will provide support for the operation and respond to issues in an efficient and proactive manner. They will provide shift cover when the need arises.
Shift Pattern – 4 on, 4 off (including days & nights) rotating for 7 weeks then 18 days break
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of the automation and machinery.
- Responsible for all three elements of maintenance – Proactive, Reactive and Planned maintenance schedules.
- Provide a quick response to issues that arise and provide effective solutions in a professional manner.
- Interact with other departments to ensure an effective service to the customer.
- Comply with all Quality and Health and Safety requirements onsite and ensure a safe working environment for self and others.
- Work within a close Engineering team on a rota pattern and represent the team in all aspects of daily operation.
- Provide daily shift reports and maintain the Planned Preventable Maintenance System.
- Offer ideas to improve efficiency and service to the customer.
- Provide shift cover for sickness and training.
What will you bring?
- Minimum qualifications – ONC or equivalent in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Good electrical experience including effective isolation / testing / fault finding / working safely to 17th edition Wiring Regulations standards
- Good operational knowledge of PLC and Inverter programming.
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Able to work safety at Height
- Experience in an automated process environment including packaging machinery, conveyors, wrapping machines, tray erectors and heat tunnels.
- Flexible approach to working hours at short notice to meet customer requirements.
- Possess good communication skills to facilitate effective reporting and the training of the Technicians.
- PC literate as all spares ordering is in e-format.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, annual leaves with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking+ much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK Wigan Heinz - 10819
£42319 pro rata