IT Project Manager
Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
The IT Project Manager is to deliver multiple projects to support change initiatives throughout the business to an agreed time, budget and quality. They will co-ordinate with cross functional teams, internal departments and external organisations. A key responsibility is the development of collateral based upon industry best practice and Wincanton policies, processes and standards, to manage risk and ensure a consistent quality of service delivery.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Responsibility for the successful management and implementation of all projects and initiatives in-line with Wincanton policies and standards
- Delivery of projects to an agreed timescale with an agreed budget and defined quality acceptance criteria
- Ensures the maintenance of complete and auditable records of all project related materials such as plans, risk & issue logs, reports and quality registers
- Manages project scope and prepares exception plans for project assurance
- Responsible for the visibility of overall project progress, flagging exceptions and initiates corrective actions as necessary
- Ensures a consistent quality of service embedded within each project by developing collateral based upon industry recognised best practice and Wincanton processes
- Collate and triage any change requests and assess their impact in terms of budget, timescales or specification to minimise impact upon project/deployment objectives
- Manage project testing and co-ordinate the defect management process
- Ensures strict adherence to standard designs and templates
- Management of RAID and facilitates development of contingency plans or plans to mitigate where it occurs.
- This job description is not exhaustive and may vary in accordance with the needs of the business
What will you bring?
- 5+ years’ experience of working in a project management capacity within logistics
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects and/or change initiatives
- PRINCE2 practitioner (desired)
- Practical experience of project delivery within an ITIL environment
- Ability to determine resource dependencies across multiple projects
- Can drive PPM process implementation i.e. better forecasting and resource scheduling to match differing project priorities
- Sufficient industry expertise to understand and plan project inter-dependencies driven by project needs
- Experienced in understanding business requirements, cost estimation and interpreting business requirements
- Skilled at managing interpersonal relationships, solicit commitment and can motivate through leadership
Ability to work with and develop within a new team
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189