Burton on Trent Burton on Trent Burton Road, Branston DE14 3EG 52.787707 -1.658664
UK Branston - 12312
Due to currently operating at peak volume, we have two 4 month FTCs available for Transport Controllers to join us, working within the Transport team for one of our key contracts.
A high level of shift flexibility to be required as this can cover days, lates and weekend work.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Inputting of daily run sheets onto spreadsheets and web-based programmes
- Filing of Transport related documentation
- General Transport Administrative tasks
- Completing daily reports and communications
- Carry out daily driver de-briefs
- Complete small projects identify / communicate results
- To undertake such additional duties as may be reasonably required for the effective role within the office.
What will you bring?
- Previous experience in office work is essential.
- Previous experience using Microsoft office in particular excel is essential.
- Previous transport experience would be preferred but not essential.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- An understanding of drivers Working Time Directive and EU Regulations is desirable but not essential.
- Must have a flexible approach to working hours.
- Must display attention to detail due to nature of work.
- Must be self-motivated with a can do approach.
- Good team player but also needs to be able to work on own initiative.
- Good communicator at all levels.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Branston - 12312