Derby Derby DE1 1AD 52.9213305 -1.4740889
The Transport Administrator role is an important interface for our stakeholders; including our transport co-ordinators, hauliers, and clients. Reporting to the Transport Supervisors, the Transport Administrator will have a critical role in ensuring that we deliver day to day service excellence to our clients.
Day to day responsibilities will include, but not limited to; daily checks on shipments, POD retrieval, and updating costs.
This is a permanent role open for both full time (40 hours/week), and part time (20 hours/week minimum) candidates working Monday to Friday within our core operating hours.
Derby 4PL Control Tower is part of Wincanton’s Specialist Solutions business unit offering 4PL solutions to our client base rather than running our own fleet. From a transport perspective we offer solutions from a small box through to large project moves both domestically and internationally. The office is open from 0700-1730 Monday through Friday, and currently does not operate out of these hours.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Liaise with internal departments and external stakeholders to proactively resolve challenges.
- Handling customer enquiries via telephone and email, dealing with both inbound and outbound communication.
- Maintaining and adding to current Audit records set against regulative, legislative and business requirements.
- Daily checks on shipments to ensure they have been collected and delivered in line with Customer requirements.
- Debrief transport loads in the TMS
- Requesting and chasing for outstanding documentation, including POD’s ensuring they are uploaded to our portal.
- Updating Internal and external portals.
- Collate and provide data to the Customer with their weekly transport costs, and monthly KPI packs.
- Be responsive to the flexing requirements of the business, adapting to the different priorities of any given day.
- General administrative tasks, and other duties that may arise out of operational requirements.
What will you bring?
- Experience working in a challenging customer service environment.
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate good IT skills, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and the ability to understand external systems.
- Experience working within a transport operation not essential, but desirable.
- Customer driven with an attention to detail are essential for this position.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proactive and shows initiative.
- Enthusiastic, committed, with a flexible, can-do approach, and positive team working attitude.
- Demonstrates Wincanton core values – Excellence, Integrity, Passion, Proactivity, Togetherness and Trust.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!