Assistant Transport Manager
Worksop Worksop Roebuck Way S80 3EG 53.294697 -1.0649179
UK Worksop Wilko
£34k + company benefits
To lead and develop the transport team: following safe and legal compliance also giving the required level of operational support and customer service whilst being commercially aware. Support the General Manager in ensuring that customer relationships are built on integrity and professionalism. Deputies for the TM in their absence this includes attending conference calls, morning meeting and acting as point of contact with the customer. Also deal with holiday allocations. Lead the team providing support through time management, task apportioning and decision making. Assist in developing the team through structured process of Performance Management to ensure 100% accuracy in MI data, providing and reviewing objectives for the team and individuals. Additionally, manage the daily plan, support the TTL and front desk, communications to warehouse, customer and retail stores.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- To lead and develop the transport team; following safe and legal compliance, giving the required level of operational support and customer service whilst being commercially aware.
- To lead the team on a day to day basis providing support through time management, task apportioning and decision making
- To assist in developing the team through structured process of Performance Management, providing and reviewing objectives for your team and individuals
- Dealing with Telematic compliance, ensuring all information is present and correct
- To ensure compliance through the team to the customers report and process requirements
- To review processes i.e. conference call data, new store openings and store risk assessments on an ongoing basis in conjunction with the Transport Manager to ensure they are current and reflect best practice
- To keep up to date with news items, vacancies and process updates ensuring your team are fully briefed on updates which may affect them and the drivers
- Facilitate Return to Work interviews for Drivers and the shunt team as and when required.
- Ensure driver training requirements are identified and Driver trainers are informed.
- Minimise cost to the business by fully utilising all resources within the team.
- Cancelling agency drivers within the agreed timed window
- Complete KPI reports as required – these include ensuring the capture of 100% accurate case and cage information and being aware of how incorrect information effects the PVA and schedule Adherence Report
- Actively work as part of the site management team to achieve 97% performance as a minimum; assist the Assistant Transport Manager and Transport Manager in providing 100% accurate root cause analysis information when the target is not reached
- Support the General Manager in ensuring that customer relationships are built on integrity and professionalism.
- Deputise for the Assistant Transport Manager in their absence. Attending conference calls, morning meetings and acting as point of contact with the customer
- Liaise with General Manager, Transport Manager, System Process Mangers and VMU Managers and their direct reports and Employees at all levels within Wincanton
- Contract Hauliers, Fleet Maintainers and Driver Agencies.
- Co-operate with your employer to enable any legal obligations to be complied with
- Do not recklessly interfere with anything provided by the employer or others in the interests of health, safety or welfare.
- Bring to the attention of the DC Transport Manager any perceived short comings in health and safety arrangements, situations or processes that you consider to be serious or which may present danger to you or others.
- Do not undertake or request others to undertake any works for which you/they do not hold the required competency or authority to undertake.
Document Issue and Access Requirements
- Access to relevant paper and electronic medium references
- As defined within the Group Delegated Authorities Procedure
What will you bring?
- Nationally recognised Training & Development qualification
- Nationally recognised Health and Safety qualification
- National & International CPC Qualification
- Have a good working knowledge of Telematic systems.
- Traffic planning and problem solving.
- Leading and developing in a team environment.
- Assisting with investigation and interviews as required.
- Able to use effectively Microsoft Windows package (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good working knowledge of WTD and EU Drivers hours regulations
- Good all-round knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to interpret and translate facts and information explaining situations and issues to people and advising them of alternative or appropriate courses of action
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK Worksop Wilko
£34k + company benefits