Wigan Wigan WN3 6XR 53.5444027657 -2.6343400483
Wincanton Marus Bridge
We currently have permanent full-time vacancies for several warehouse colleagues to join us in supporting our latest operation at Marus Bridge, Wigan. Working on a rotating 06:00-14:00 & 14:00 - 22:00 shift in Wigan - working 40 hours per week on a predominately Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday shift pattern but flexible to work any 5 from 7, as and when required.
Salary is £9.25 basic with a £1.00 premium for hours worked between 18:00 and 06:00.
Scheduled day overtime attracts a £1.50 per hour premium.
Unscheduled day overtime is paid at time and a half.
We are looking for experienced warehouse staff but full training will be given to the right candidates
This is also a fantastic opportunity to be part of an exciting start up project that will offer the chance of progression within the business
You will be responsible for effectively carrying out all the required functions within the warehouse, including but not limited to container destuffing, order picking, FLT, cross-dock, receiving, ecommerce picking, loading and unloading. All work must be carried out in a timely fashion to a high standard of accuracy.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be educated to secondary school level with basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Must be flexible to support fluctuations in customer volume
- Must have a proven experience of communicating effectively whilst building effective relationships
- Must be able to demonstrate their ability to work towards targets whilst adhering to Health and Safety regulations
- Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with and ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work under their own initiative
- Must have a flexible and adaptable approach to work with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Must be honest and trustworthy with a positive response to adapting to the needs of the business
- Must accept accountability and be comfortable working in a pressurised, ever changing, and customer driven environment
- Experience of using MHE would be preferable (LLOP, PPT, HRT and CB)
- Valid RTITB licences would be advantageous
- An NVQ in Warehousing or relevant subject would be beneficial
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges.
Wincanton Marus Bridge