Wigan Wigan WN3 6XR 53.5444027657 -2.6343400483
Wincanton Marus Bridge
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of RTITB Instructor / Warehouse trainer working on rotating 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm shifts based at our shared user depo in Wigan on a brand new contract.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Reporting to the Planning Manager you will provide an effective training and development service for all colleagues and external candidates
- Ensure high standards of health and safety in all areas of the site.
- Support the H&S team in any investigations involving MHE.
- Ensure training is conducted in accordance with programme and timescales meeting operational requirements in line with legislation and Wincanton policy
- Ensure paperwork detailing training given is produced timely and accurately ensuring evidence of training undertaken is placed with HR.
- Train and encourage team to be multi skilled therefore increasing efficiency, accuracy and service
- Ensure safe working practices for manual handling/mechanical handling during training
- Ensure MHE drivers comply with health and safety regulations
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function and department
- Develop a positive and proactive personal culture to ensure that Health and Safety has a high profile on site.
What will you bring?
- Experience of a training function within a warehouse environment is desirable
- A sound knowledge of manual handling techniques to assessor level is desirable
- RTITB Lift Truck Instructor qualification is essential
- Ability to work on your own initiative, working to strict deadlines
- Proven track record in effective communication both verbal and written
- A flexible approach to teamwork is essential
- Knowledge of health and safety and willingness to learn
- Certification on all types of sites MHE is desirable
- Confidence to coach, train and manage people is essential
- Being trustworthy and reliable are essential attributes
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Wincanton Marus Bridge