Bristol Bristol BS11 9BW
Due to a recent contract growth an exciting opportunity for an Administrator has been created at the new Wincanton operating location on the Western Approach Business Park, Avonmouth. This role will be key to the successful delivery of this prestigious contract.
The successful applicant will be responsible for a wide range of duties designed to support a successful start-up and ongoing operations.
The role reports directly to the Contract HR Officer.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Playing a role in maintaining Zero Harm across the contract
- Providing a generalist administration support on a day to day basis to all levels of employees & management
- Supporting Wincanton applications for security clearance on to client systems (WIMS)
- Working closely with the team for general service issue reporting
- To support the HR team with recruitment, preparing adverts & collating CV’s for the operation
- Note taking in meetings as and when required
- Maintaining the visitor access records and ensuring compliance of access forms
- To ensure that notice boards and room bookings are kept up to date and maintained
- To keep track of all stationary, welfare & material stock and replenish accordingly
- Drafting documents and preparing safety messages for the warehouse
- Managing a range of databases and spreadsheets for information recording
- Adapting a Zero Harm safety culture, support with Wellbeing projects
- Manage access cards and allowances within warehouse for staff
- The first point of contact for staff and visitors with general queries
- Manage parking access and permissions on site
- Reporting and acting upon any near miss, acts or conditions
- Covering the line manager whilst on annual leave and supporting with duties
- Supporting with payroll, Kronos & Oracle systems when required
- Integrate fully with the whole team to adopt the business & client values
- To provide excellent customer service always for the client and visitors
- Work alongside the team proactively and support with other functions of the contract
- Create and distribute communications from business and client on a frequent basis
- Possible reception duties will be required
What will you bring?
- Experience of working within a warehouse environment and a good understanding Health & Safety aspect of a nuclear project would be an advantage
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Ideal candidates will either have or be working towards an administration qualification
- Demonstrate ability to listen and understand and keep all information private and confidential
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent IT/computer skills, proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel and Power Point packages
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise workload, including people and time
- An effective communicator, able to develop good working relationships at all levels
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!