Manchester Manchester M28 2LA 53.5157363 -2.3598028
We are seeking an experienced operational focussed Finance Manager to join our Public & Industrials Sector. The successful candidate will act as a trusted business partner in a demanding operational environment.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Supporting and forming a partnership with the sites around the UK and scheduling team to drive business requirements.
- Responsible for period end activities in the P&L and balance sheet, including preparation and presentation of commentary to support costs and KPI’s.
- Introducing strong financial governance to underlying processes (management accounts, budgets, forecasts, business cases etc).
- Seeking and introducing best practice with the aim of improving the control environment and process efficiency.
- Debt and cash management.
- Commercial support to the business, supporting ad-hoc commercial requirements in a timely and accurate fashion providing information for decision making.
- Help develop and train a new into role assistant accountant on the contract
- Ensure Wincanton internal controls and procedures are in place and complied with at all times.
What will you bring?
- A qualified accountant or qualified by experience.
- Demonstrate drive, energy and a commitment to the continuous improvement of overall contract performance.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Developed numerical and literacy skills are essential, combined with ability to translate financial issues to a non-financial audience.
- Excellent process improvement experience using excel models to introduce efficiency and control to a business.
- Ability to work with others from different teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop effective relationships and trust with customers and Wincanton internal stakeholders.
- An influential and challenging individual and able to motivate and develop others.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!