Rochdale Rochdale James Kearns Avenue, Kings Way Business Park OL16 4NZ 53.598773 -2.133051
UK Rochdale Asda - 12321
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Rochdale site dedicated to Asda. We are looking to recruit an experienced People Advisor to join our existing Management team. This role will have day to day responsibility for Rochdale and will manage all site HR and Payroll activities in a manner that adds value to the client in support of the business key performance objectives.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Reporting to the HR Manager for the Asda Contract your responsibilities will include all aspects of safety, service, cost and people management and achievement of the appropriate KPI’s;
- Responsible for delivering a proactive HR strategy that is dedicated to delivering improved performance focused on customer excellence.
- Responsible for the day to day overall management of the HR Team and all HR activities and key initiatives such as performance management, talent management, development, absence management, wellbeing and engagement.
- Ensure that a best in class safety performance is delivered through a behavioural based safety culture
- Build and implement an effective employee engagement strategy, resulting in a highly engaged and motivated workforce
- Working together with local unions and workforce representatives to develop a positive, proactive, constructive working relationship implementing an employee relations climate of excellence to support the site’s development.
- Develop an engaged, high-performance team culture – where growth mindset is prevalent
- Develop a talented to team and create robust succession plans for current and future key roles
- Develop effective relationships with managers both within Wincanton and the clients in order to ensure the HR strategy is aligned to the business plan.
- Responsible for the delivery of the site engagement strategy in line with Wincanton vision, mission and values.
- To participate in reviews with the site’s Senior Management Team, Company Finance teams and Client review processes where required
What will you bring?
- Demonstrable experience at senior management level within large/complex supply chain operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to operate at multiple levels and establish effective communication channels in both customer organisations and Wincanton
- Robust influencing and negotiation skills – proven to deliver successful change in complex customer and (unionised) operational environments
- Be of graduate calibre and possess a CIPD qualification.
- Possess excellent influencing skills and strength of character, with the personal qualities of tenacity and resilience required to be effective.
- Have the ability to analyse complex situations and provide workable solutions to a variety of stakeholders, adjusting your style to suit
- The depot operates 24/7 therefore it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
**We are open to having conversations about flexible working
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Rochdale Asda - 12321