Regional MHE Training Instructor
Stafford Stafford Unit DC1, Mustang Drive, Prologis Park, Shackleton Way ST16 1GY 52.8329145324 -2.1401753424
UK Stafford Screwfix - 11491
We are currently recruiting Regional MHE Training Instructors who will be responsible for the delivery of training and instruction in the use of material handling equipment (MHE). This includes theoretical, practical and awareness courses to the standards set by Wincanton and the relevant awarding / accrediting body. In addition, the role will include ensuring training and instruction methods, techniques and styles are continuously reviewed and updated in line with legislation and industry best practice. There will be a strong focus on health and safety performance and the maintenance and promotion of Wincanton’s health and safety mission statement.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- To deliver training to meet course objectives using a range of teaching methods;
- Regularly review and maintain course training materials to ensure they are always up to date with relevant awarding/accrediting bodies and legally compliant
- Evaluate success and impact of training given
- To produce timely and accurate reports for training analysis
- Extensive UK travel
- To support HSEQ Training Managers to meet team objectives using a range of strategic methods;
- To coordinate internal and external enquiries, room bookings, course capacity, subcontractor registers and booking requests, coursework and assessments, course promotion and marketing, internal cross charging and external invoicing
- To liaise with HSEQ Managers and General Managers to ensure training offering supports business needs and provide verbal and written feedback with any concerns following discussions in training courses
- Evaluate success and impact of the team’s training
- Carry out monitoring and audit of Wincanton MHE training and instruction at site level and produce relevant reports.
- Carry out training observations to ensure standards are maintained.
- Work with the HSEQ team and wider business to identify opportunities to increase the training offering internally and externally
- Keeping up to date in developments in training by reading relevant journals, guidance and publications
- Assist in ad hoc activities that drive the training team agenda
What will you bring?
- A formal training qualification i.e. CTLLS, BTEC award in Education and Training or similar
- Experience in delivering a wide range of MHE operator and MHE management courses
- Good understanding of health and safety practices
- Maintain the high standards and reputation of the HSEQ Training Team by following the smart and task specific dress codes and conduct
- Adhering to the organisation’s, site and customer rules at all times including correct PPE usage
- Leading by example regarding compliance with rules, regulations and health and safety best practice.
- Dynamic and creative
- Willing to be open for development in order to assist with widening the HSEQ course portfolio
- Confident and proficient at writing and delivering presentations
- Strong communication skills and verbally articulate
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Consistent, polite, approachable and helpful
- Advanced user of PowerPoint
- Open to new ideas and keen to explore new methods of training and delivery
- Current in date RTITB Lift Truck Instructor qualification
- Current in date Lift Truck Operator certifications for all groups of rider operated reach truck, counterbalance, low level order picker, powered pallet truck, flexi truck, moffett and battery changing/charging safety as a minimum.
- IPAF operator license for both mobile boom and scissor lift
- IPAF instructor qualification for both mobile operated boom and scissor lift
- IPAF MEWPs for managers safety qualification
- IPAF safety harness inspection and use qualification
- IPAF Loading and unloading qualification
- Experience of developing E-Learning courses
- Certifications with groups of lift trucks such as VNA, container stackers, PPT stackers, side loaders and pedestrian operated stackers
- Experience of carrying out an audit
- Health and safety qualification such as NEBOSH Certificate or IOSH Managing Safety
- First aid at work instructor qualification
- Manual handling instructor certification
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Stafford Screwfix - 11491