Transport Team Leader
Bridgwater Bridgwater Taunton Road TA6 6PS 51.164051 -2.985875
UK Bridgwater Argos - 10072
Due to recent contract growth, an exciting opportunity has a risen at our busy regional distribution centre in Bridgwater for a Transport Team Leader.
The shift pattern for this vacancy is Tuesday to Saturday working a mix of 6-2 and 2-10 shifts.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Reporting to the Transport Shift Manager
- To support the management of a fleet of drivers and transport support staff ensuring that they work within company guidelines
- To provide a store network with a first class service
- To ensure operational targets are met on a weekly and monthly
- To brief drivers at the start of every shift communicating planned requirements providing information on performance, company news and procedures
- Proactively encourage a positive and constructive relationship on site with the union and union representatives
- Increase communication with stores
- Ensure department complies with Road Traffic Act
- Ensure drivers comply with health and safety regulations
- Proactively motivate the transport team by providing guidance and encouragement
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function and department
What will you bring?
- Experience of working within a transport environment.
- Knowledge of transport legislation.
- Experience of supervising / managing a team
- Experience of disciplinary / grievance procedures.
- Ability to work on your own initiative, working to strict deadlines
- A good communicator both verbal and written
- Excellent PC skills
- A flexible team based approach
- General awareness of health and safety
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Bridgwater Argos - 10072