IT Demand Planner
Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
We are recruiting for an IT Demand Planner to join our centralised-IT team based at our Head Office in Chippenham.
The purpose of this role is to ensure programmes, projects and all IT-related demand is being resourced with the right skillsets, planned/delivered to the right timescale, and will be crucial to the successful delivery of programmes and projects requiring IT resources.
This role will co-ordinate and manage resource planning to enable leaders to make effective and appropriate decisions around relative priorities.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Developing and managing a capacity planning and resource allocation function across IT; capturing the resource requirements of all IT demand and balancing this against business as usual activities.
- Working closely with solution architects, business analysts and project managers to understand their resource requirements.
- Working closely with IT resource managers to understand the specific challenges in their areas and support resource planning that minimises the impact on business as usual.
- Forecasting future resource needs based on programme and project plans/resource profiles, and with the business relationship managers for the demand pipeline.
- Providing views of resource capacity and commitments to be able to demonstrate existing allocations, demand pipeline, future forecasts and where the delivery of programmes, projects, small changes or business as usual activity is likely to be impacted.
- Reporting against recoverable time and individual utilisation across the department.
- Developing processes to maintain a clear and accurate view of all resource demand.
- Highlighting any resource conflicts, pinch-points, skillset gaps and key person dependencies.
- Identifying associated risks, dependencies and issues in an informed and considered manner to support planning for their mitigation.
- Responsibility for the successful support and where required management and implementation, of all projects and initiatives in line with Wincanton policies and standards
- This job description is not exhaustive and may vary in accordance with the needs of the business
What will you bring?
- Proven experience of working in a PMO, project support or project management capacity
- Knowledge of or access to toolset(s) to help with the role
- Demonstrable experience of supporting projects and/or change initiatives
- PRINCE2 practitioner (desired)
- Practical experience of project support within an ITIL environment
- Ability to determine resource dependencies across multiple aspects of demand
- Can drive PPM process implementation i.e. better forecasting and resource scheduling to match differing project priorities
- Sufficient industry expertise to understand and plan inter-dependencies driven by business needs
- Experienced in understanding business requirements, cost estimation and interpreting business requirements
- Skilled at managing interpersonal relationships, solicit commitment and can motivate through leadership
- Ability to work with and develop within a new team
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
**We are open to having conversations about flexible working
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189