Nuneaton Nuneaton Townsend Drive, Attleborough Fields Ind Estate CV11 6RU 52.5153614 -1.4474881
£20k to £23k + company benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a People Assistant to join us at our new site in Nuneaton.
The role will support the People Manager and be responsible for providing efficient and seamless support across the People function for the site.
This role will suit an experienced People Assistant with the potential to progress and grow with the business.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Applying people policies & processes, ensuring the integrity of local people practices within the site / contract
- Driving the site engagement – acting as champion for site and promoting bi-annual surveys, participation and communication of outcomes.
- Attending daily operational meetings as the People owner for site.
- First line query resolution of basic HR and pay queries – utilising HR Support Hub when needed to resolve employee issues.
- Check monthly payslip summaries and information entered time & attendance system is accurate and reflected in prepay reports.
- Inputting where necessary, time & attendance data into the company system.
- Processing employee changes, starters and leavers in the HR system and through the People Portal
- Managing employee files and completing filing tasks
- Ensuring that corporate updates and information is displayed on site notice boards and the Management Team updated accordingly
- Supporting the People Manager to with tasks related to the implementation of the engagement survey, performance reviews and company initiatives.
- Acting as notetaker and supporting meetings including issuing letters in disciplinary, grievance, absence meetings in accordance with company procedure
- Providing support for recruitment activities including the production of job adverts and monitoring of recruitment response – working proactively with the relevant line manager to ensure effective time to hire and candidate fit.
- Supporting with the new starter, onboarding and life cycle experience
- Supporting production of reporting on People metrics, including providing data on recruitment, starters, leavers, transfers and sickness.
What will you bring?
- Experience of working within a People function in a similar environment
- Payroll experience to effectively complete the above duties.
- Ability to work independently due to People Manager being shared across multiple sites.
- Excellent IT skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using Oracle, Kronos or other time and attendance / employee management systems.
- Ability to influence at line manager and senior management level
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A working knowledge of Wincanton people policies, procedures, ESS procedures and of right to work legislation and requirements would be desirable
- Strong communication skills and approachability
- Organised and able to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Great attention to detail; ensures precision and accuracy in tasks undertaken.
- Able to liaise effectively with peers to organise and share work priorities
- A common sense and pragmatic approach
- A great team worker who will perform in line with our values
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
£20k to £23k + company benefits