Health & Safety Officer
Northampton Northampton Nectar Way, Pineham Park NN4 9BX 52.2199604 -0.9617002
UK Northampton Wickes
£30 k + company benefits
We have a new Health & Safety Officer role to manage and facilitate all health and safety activities in a manner that ensures all statutory and company requirements are achieved and maintained in support of the business objectives. Supporting the contract HSEQ Manager. This is a hands-on role. This role reports to the Business Unit Health and Safety Manager with a reporting line to the location GM
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Working with the local management team and the contract HSEQ Manager to develop, implement and manage the local HSEQ Plans.
- Implementation and maintenance of Corporate HSEQ policies, procedures and standards.
- Promote HSEQ and drive tangible improvements in safety performance and culture
- Work with local management teams on all aspects of HSEQ, including coaching for managers to develop skills within the site teams, risk assessments, accident investigations and inspections.
- Monitor and drive implementation of corrective actions arising from HSEQ activities including risk assessments, accident investigations and near miss reports. Review corrective actions for effectiveness.
- Attend site HSEQ Committee.
- Provide expert professional support to local line management at all levels. Working with the Cluster Manager ensuring that Good Practice in health & safety is shared, adopted and regularly reviewed.
- Carry out statistical analysis to identify issues of concern; assist in the creation, modification and delivery of relevant action plans for all HSEQ.
- Working with the Cluster HSEQ Manager to develop systems that will ensure that the location safety management system is fit for purpose.
- Compile routine management reports.
- Using corporate HSEQ IT systems e.g. Airs web, One View, Web risk etc., to support the delivery of the above accountabilities
- To keep abreast of corporate, regulatory and legislative changes and advise management of the implications for the business. To undertake a recognised CPD programme.
- Assist the contract Manager at other locations within the Business Unit in agreement with local management.
What will you bring?
- Relevant experience gained in a logistics environment
- NEBOSH Certificate qualified or equivalent (candidates who are studying to this level will be considered). Candidates who do not currently meet this requirement must attain this within 12 months of appointment.
- Experience of managing H&S at a local level
- Will have the influencing skills to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Will have effective presentation and training skills
- Will have competent administration and IT skills
- Tech IOSH (or working towards)
- Experience of managing quality and environment
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable working as part of a team and as an individual
- Passion, drive and ambition to make a career in HSEQ
- Good communicator with good influencing skills who can operate at all levels
- Will possess the interpersonal skills, integrity and commercial awareness to maintain excellent working relationships at all levels
- Will be able to prioritise actions required against time
- Will live local to the location.
- Will hold a full UK driving licence and is prepared to travel if required.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, annual leaves + bank hols with the option to buy more, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Northampton Wickes
£30 k + company benefits