Warehouse Operative day and night shifts
Harlow Harlow Wincanton c/o IKEA, RDC 240, Edinburgh Way CM20 2BN 51.784174 0.1150521
We have a number of exciting opportunities for individuals to work in our friendly warehouse in Harlow, Essex, which is operated on behalf of our customer Ikea.
The role of a Warehouse Colleague is to carry out Warehouse tasks as directed. This will include picking / Container decanting / Counter Balance / Reach Truck and any other Warehouse duties deemed appropriate.
Following a successful probationary period we will increase the salary to £20,883 and you will receive a £250 bonus.
If you enjoy a varied workload and are keen to develop your career in a growing and fast paced organisation, this could be the next career move for you!
Do you care about your environment? We have several initiatives to support our local environment and charities with fun fundraising events throughout the year.
We currently have vacancies working a rotating day shift, 0600hrs to 1400hrs and 1400hrs to 2200hrs working any 5 out of 7 days, including weekends and Bank Holidays.
Also vacancies on permanent night shifts 22:00hrs to 06:00 hrs working any 5 out of 7 days, including weekends and Bank Holidays. These shifts attract an additional shift premium of 20%
In return you will receive great benefits making these just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work:-
- 28 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- A safe working environment
- Focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary
- Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions
Various optional schemes and discounts you may wish to join
The role of a Warehouse Operative is to carry out Warehouse tasks as directed. This will include picking / Container decanting / Counter Balance / Reach Truck and any other Warehouse duties deemed appropriate.
- Working in a team environment in a safe manner adhering to site Health & Safety regulations and Safe Systems of Work
- Ensuring Quality is of the highest standards and all stock is handled with care so it arrives at our customers in perfect condition
- Picking stock accurately and efficiently
- Operating Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Checking of picked stock and assembled loads prior to dispatch
- A range of duties to support the operational efficiency and general housekeeping and hygiene standards of the warehouse and site
- Previous warehouse experience is desirable but not essential
- Ability to read and understand instructions
- Ability to count accurately to enable the correct picking of stock
- Have appropriate hand, eye and foot coordination to effectively use mechanical handling equipment safely
- You will be reliable, self-motivated, a strong team player and will have a flexible approach to work
It is an exciting time to join us…Wincanton is a leading Third Party Logistics (3PL) firm, providing supply chain consultancy and solutions to some of the world’s most admired brands in the UK and Ireland.
As the largest British logistics company we work in diverse Industry Sectors such as Retail, Consumer Goods, Energy, Defence, Construction and Milk adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistic challenges. We put our Customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our Customers business’s better every day”.
We employ approximately 17,500 people across more than 200 sites and have a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles.
Our people are at the core of business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progression, as well as training, enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
With continued success and business growth Wincanton have opportunities for exceptional Candidates…