Key Account Manager
Aligned to key, nominated construction clients (accounts), the purpose of this role is to effectively manage the overall relationship between Wincanton and the nominated client’s business to deliver an agreed annual budget including financial growth targets coupled with outstanding customer service, whilst executing the 3-year plan.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Create, review and own the Key Account Plan – a dynamic and evolving document (to include, but not limited to, current performance status, short and long-term goals & targets and stakeholder management).
- To achieve all agreed annual revenue, organic sales and profit targets.
- Organise and lead appropriate business cadence to include regular, formal reviews and reports.
- Liaising with customers to ensure all contractual and commercial requirements are met and defined performance standards and customer satisfaction is maintained to the highest level.
- Ownership of the ‘executive calling programme’ to cover all senior engagements across Wincanton and the client.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, client stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all client account management matters, including requests and issue escalations as needed.
- Develop and execute Customer satisfaction improvement plans
- Develop ‘internal’ network (across BU’s, Sectors and central functions), to leverage multifaceted solutions. Key collaboration with Business Development teams – supporting new business sales activity.
- Develop and apply critical market and industry knowledge to improve customer relationship and exploit growth opportunities
- Remain at the forefront of evolving market and industry dynamics
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of compelling value propositions and solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Communicating and liaising with other departments to ensure a smooth & effective client experience.
- Organise, attend and exploit hospitality and entertaining opportunities
- Negotiate contract terms through to final sign off
- Monitor all up and coming contract renewals, preparing for continuation and/or expansion of offering
What will you bring?
- Good commercial awareness and a commitment to providing customers with the highest standards of service
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of the client’s organisation including executives and c-level
- Innovative views
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager or relevant role
- Experience delivering client focussed solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at all times whilst maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Logistics / market industry experience
A good standard of education (degree qualified) and a strong work ethic, coupled with the ability to operate efficiently within a team environment
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!